The space of software hosting forges is sizeable. Most techy people know about GitHub and GitLab but many software forges exist (if considering the entire world). Here’s a few of note.
- NotABug: Based on Gogs.
- SourceHut: Suite of free software development tools built from the ground up.
- Codeberg: Based on Gitea.
- SourceForge: Mainstream software hosting.
- Radicle: Decentralized on the service layer (discussions/issues). Git itself is distributed and decentralized.
- Savannah: Suite of software development